“Training From the BACK of the Room” Practitioner Class – Virtual Edition (TBR-VE)
5 Days, 2.5 hours per day, Evening course: June 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 2023 (6 to 8:30 pm Eastern time)
Facilitator: TBR Certified Trainers Tricia Munsey
Location: TBR-VE is virtual on zoom
Dates: TBR-VE June 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 2023 (2.5 hours per day 6 to 8:30 pm EST.)
Sponsored by: Infinity Academy and Consulting LLC
In this practical and interactive 5-modules Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how ALL humans learn.
You’ll discover 6 specific brain-science principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your own virtual teaching and training.
You’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for Virtual Instruction and Learning.
After your active participation in the TBR-VE Class, you will be able to:
1. Apply 6 brain-science principles every time you deliver a virtual training regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the group, or level of learners.
2. Use the 4Cs Map as a training design and delivery models for brain-based virtual instruction.
3. Create virtual training sessions that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the class and demonstrate how to leverage the strengths of the virtual learning environment.
4. Explain to colleagues your understanding of cognitive science as it applies to learning, training, and memory in both virtual and face-to-face environments.
5. Choose from dozens of virtual brain-based learning activities for all topics.
6. Become an active member of the TBR-VE Class Group and share your own expertise about brain-based virtual instruction and learning.
To attend the TBR-VE Class, you will need:
a) A computer (desktop or laptop; the class is NOT designed for a digital tablet or cell phone).
b) Live-streaming camera capability.
c) Adequate sound system (test it with a friend – oftentimes a computer speaker/microphone can be tinny-sounding and you may need to purchase an economical, external speaker/microphone).
d) A basic familiarity with the software platforms that will be used to deliver the class: Zoom and Miro.
e) Printing source to download/print the digital Participant Workbook (about 45 pages). You should have a printed version of the Participant Workbook because handwriting (not typing) is an important component of brain-based learning (a tablet with handwriting capability – not just typing – is adequate). FYI: The workbook pages are not sequential for a reason; therefore, using an analog copy will make it easier to flip back and forth between pages.
f) Miscellaneous analog materials: sticky notes, sharpies/markers, blank paper, pen/pencil.
To attend the TBR-VE Class and to receive a “TBR-VE Class Certificate of Completion” you must:
a) Have the mandatory materials ready to use
b) Attend all five 2.5 hour modules (a total of 12.5 hours of class time spaced over 5 days, 2 weeks) and be an active participant during the live-streaming class time. Your commitment includes arriving on time and setting aside the whole time to attend, without meeting/call interruptions.
c) Do the “Warm-Ups” and “Follow-Ups” (pre/post-work) for each module – a total of about 6 hours of “homework” – reading, viewing, writing, creating, responding. There will be about an hour of pre-work before the class begins, about an hour between each of the 5 modules, and about an hour of post-work.
(Think of the homework as a “flipped classroom” approach to learning in which many of the traditional “lecture-based” segments take place off-line and the practice segments take place online. These “priming” and “spaced practice” assignments are really important elements of brain-based learning. They are also important to your own success as a TBR-VE Class participant.)
d) Be an active member of the TBR-VE Class Slack community site for the duration of the class. You will be supporting and encouraging the other class members and deepening your own understanding of brain-based instruction.
e) Fill out an evaluation survey at the end of the TBR-VE Class so that your class trainer/producer team can make the class even better for future participants. You are a valuable part of this iterative, continuous improvement process.
5 sessions of 2.5 hours each, 6 to 8:30 pm Eastern Time
- Module 1 – Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- Module 2 – Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Module 3 – Tuesday, June 20, 2023
- Module 4 – Thursday, June 22, 2023
- Module 5 – Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Class Size: Minimum 6 / Maximum 12 attendees to ensure maximum engagement.
Locations: Live Virtual
- PDF Participant Workbook of TBR-VE
- A digital copy of “Training from the BACK of the Room!”
- Early Birds will receive a class care package! This will include a copy of Angela Agresto’s book “Brain Building Blueprints”!
- A Certificate of completion.
- A trainer’s ‘tool bag’ of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs.
- Member of the TBR-VE class group on Slack.
Who should attend?
- Agile Coaches & Trainers
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience, virtually!
Substitutions are welcomed at any time. Transfers within 4 weeks of the course date may require an administration fee. Cancellations will require an administration fee of 100.00. This course is not guaranteed to run until we reach a minimum of 8 participants. We need a minimum of 8 in order to have a successful course. If the course is canceled due to low enrollment or COVID-19 group gathering restrictions, a full refund will be offered.
About The Trainer:
I am Tricia Munsey: trainer, agilists and creator of environments and classes where real learning and engagement can take place. I have a passion for people and their potential. As trainers and coaches, we help individuals realize their full aptitude, as we equip and empower them to make what may be a huge dream into an attainable reality. At Infinity Academy and Consulting LLC, “We help make their possibilities infinite.” Learn more about us at: https://infinityacademyandconsulting.org
Course Pricing (USD):
Early Bird: $1,100